By Aryeh Furer – Dec 30, 2015
Bhang is a cannabis infused beverages that has been used throughout the Indian subcontinent for centuries. It is most commonly served during the Hindu festival of Holi in India and Nepal.
This recipe will make a potent batch of bhang. When using this recipe, only consume 1 to 2 ounces at a time, and wait at least 90 minutes before deciding whether or not to have more. For a less potent batch, use half the amount of cannabis.
- 1½ Cups water
- ½ Ounce fresh cannabis flowers and leaves (does not need to be ground, but break it up with your hands)
- 3 Cups milk, warm
- ¼ tsp garam masala
- ¼ tsp ginger powder
- ¼ tsp fennel powder
- ½ tsp anise powder
- ½ tsp cardamom powder
- ½ tsp rosewater
- ½ Cup sugar (honey may be used instead of sugar)
- Rose petals, mint leaves, chopped almonds to garnish (Optional)
- Bring water to a rapid boil in a teapot (or pan for less traditional methods). Once boiling, remove water from heat and add the cannabis. Allow it to sit for about 7 minutes.
- Strain the cannabis through cheese cloth or a mesh strainer and save the water. Continue extracting the liquid until none remains.
- Combine the hot leaves and flowers in a mortar with 4 teaspoons of the warm milk. Use a pestle to grind the milk and leaves together.
- Once well combined, squeeze the milk through the cheese cloth or strainer. Set milk aside.
- Repeat this process until you have used all of the milk.
- Combine the milk, rosewater and the water used to boil the cannabis into a container of your choice.
- Add the garam masala, ginger, fennel, anise, cardamom, and sugar to the warm liquid. Stir until well combined.
- Allow the mixture to cool before serving. Garnish with rose petals, mint leaves, chopped almonds, or star anise.
Try another INCREDIBLE Recipe:
- Southern Style Cannabis Biscuits & Gravy
- Marijuana Milk
- Kief Butter
- Whole Fruit Popsicles
- Pistachio & Walnut Baklava
- Watermelon Juice
Use the link below to download the free Whaxy Cannabis Cooking Calculator App on your Android phone to figure out the perfect dose every time!