Stress, burnout and fatigue are all common end of year feelings. With Donald Trump stepping into office, many people already feel the need to work harder to fight for their beliefs.
The big catch 22 is that hard work leads to burnout. So how do you break the cycle? This new year, resolve to work SMARTER, not harder. Working smarter starts with MINDSET. According to Psychology Today, “how you perceive stress is just as important as the amount of stress you’re experiencing.”
So how do you alter your mindset and re-define how you perceive stress? Cannabis, with low doses of THC, can help!
This holiday season, we asked Flour Child, a California based medicinal cannabis collective to share some relaxation tips on how to de-stress and re-program your mindset using their CBD & THC infused products.
Try breaking free from your current troubles by re-thinking your problem solving strategies during or after some of these stress reliving suggestions:
5 WAYS TO RELAX WITH FLOUR CHILD CBD RELIEF BALM
1. Trade massages with someone you love using our CBD-rich Relief Balm.
2. Soak your achy feet in an epsom salt bath with a few drops of your favorite essential oil (lavender is very soothing.) Slather your feet with Relief Balm and put some soft socks on before bed. Your feet will feel like clouds the next morning.
3. Soothe dry winter skin & scalp. Gently massage Relief Balm into your scalp and down to the ends of your hair. Wrap your hair in a scarf and leave it on overnight. Wash your hair as usual. Do this as often as needed.
4. Use Relief Balm anywhere you have tightness or soreness before or after working out. We especially love to use it before & after yoga. It helps you stretch more effectively and less painfully!
5. Invite your BFF or Sweetie to an EPIC SPA DAY by treating yourselves to all of these ideas!
7 WAYS TO JAM WITH FLOUR CHILD ORGANIC HASHISH INFUSED SEASONAL JAMS:
1. Make a really awesome toast (or grilled cheese) with our jam. Nothing beats the winter blues like a spoonful of summer.
2. “Doses & Mimosas”: stir a spoonful of jam into a sparkling beverage of your choice for a “dosed mimosa” spritzer.
3. Fold fresh fruit into the jam for a quick compote to top your pancakes, french toast, yogurt or oats. DIY fruit & yogurt cups for the week if you’re feeling ambitious. Leave a little room for granola or muesli, if that’s your jam.
4. Add a spoonful of jam to your morning smoothie.
5. Go out to your favorite café & BYO Jam to dollop onto your croissant.
6. Make a cheese plate for two, using your favorite Flour Child Seasonal Jam, nuts, fresh or dried fruit, and crackers or bread.
7. Set up a DIY Toast/Tartine Bar for a bridal party brunch–butters, cheeses, fruits, spreads & jams! Super easy, everyone can build their own, very Instagram-friendly.
4 SUPRISE SNACK IDEAS WITH FLOUR CHILD HASISH- INFUSED GRANOLA
1. Cook a little into your morning oats, or use it as a crunchy topping.
2. Mix Granola with a few handfuls of your favorite dried fruits and nuts to make your own “happy trails mix.” Go on a hike and snack responsibly.
3. Mix a few hand-fulls with chopped nuts, warm spices and honey to stuff baked apples. Serve warm, preferably, with a spoonful of crème fraîche or ice cream.
4. Make it into a spicy, savory condiment for topping salads or making next-level avocado toast. Sauté thinly sliced shallots and garlic (black garlic is especially good in this if you can get it) in olive oil until fragrant. Add any combination of mustard seeds, coriander, fennel, cumin, and chiles and toast. Add Flour Child Granola and toss together. Season with salt and smoked paprika. Store with oil; eat on literally everything.