Learn How to Make Cannabis Coconut Oil in 55 Seconds
By Marie Veksler – Mar 30, 2016
Watch this video to learn how to make cannabis infused coconut oil in less than 60 seconds.
After you watch the video, read below to learn why coconut oil is the ideal lipid for cannabis infusions. The use the step-by-step recipe to make this cannabis infused coconut oil at home.
Why Coconut Oil?
You can use any oil or even butter; however, we recommend coconut oil as it is more easily digested relative to other fats.
Why Soy Lecithin?
The addition of soy lecithin is optional; however, we recommend it because it helps your body absorb the THC present in your oil.
- ¼ oz (7 grams) of cannabis buds or 1 oz (28 grams) of trim
- 2/3 Cup of Coconut Oil
- 1 tsp of Soy Lecithin (optional, can also substitute for sunflower lecithin in place of soy)
- 1 Cheesecloth
Yield: This will produce approximately ½ cup of cannabis coconut oil, which is the amount called for in many edible recipes.
- Preheat oven to 220° Fahrenheit.
- Line a cookie sheet with aluminum foil.
- Grind up the cannabis buds or trim and spread evenly on cookie sheet lined with foil.
- Bake in oven for one hour. This is known as decarboxylation and will convert the THC in your cannabis to its psychoactive form. If you desire a more sedative edible, leave in the oven for another 30+ minutes, which will begin converting the THC to CBN.
- Place the cannabis, soy lecithin, and coconut oil in a crock-pot set on low. Stir, cover, and let sit for at least 3 hours. Note: coconut oil remains solid at room temperature – to turn it into a liquid for measuring, place the oil in the oven while the cannabis decarboxylates.
- Let the oil cool in the crock pot with the lid on – this will take some time as most slow cookers are well insulated. Once warm (not hot) to the touch, strain the cannabis from the coconut oil using a folded cheesecloth.
Substitute your cannabis infused coconut oil in place of butter or oil in any recipe. Unused cannabis coconut oil can be covered in an airtight and stored in a cool, dark place for up to 30 days. It can remain fresh longer if stored in the freezer.
Add a tablespoon of this cannabis coconut oil to your morning coffee in place of creamer or use it in one of these INCREDIBLE Recipes:
- Chocolate Dipped Kiwi Pops
- Pumpkin Pie
- Raspberry Chocolate Chip Muffins
- Cream Cheese Brownies
- Southern Style Biscuits and Gravy
Use the link below to download the free Whaxy Cannabis Cooking Calculator App on your Android phone to figure out the perfect dose every time!